[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: TortoisePLink: DOS version in 1.5.0 release

From: <matthias.buecher_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 06:15:05 -0700 (PDT)

On 27 Jun., 17:58, Stefan Küng <tortoise..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Maddes wrote:
> > Hello TortoiseSVN developers,
>
> > the TSVN release 1.5.0 contains the DOS/console version of TortoisePLink
> > again.
> > Releases 1.4.6 to 1.4.8 contained the Windows version of it.
> > Therefore I can not enter my password in a separate popup anymore.
>
> > The best way would be to provide both version of TortoisePLink as
> > separate downloads, similar to TDiff and SubWCRev on
> >https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=138498&package...
>
> > This way everybody can use the flavour he wants, although I assume that
> > most people of TSVN need the Windows version.
>
> Sorry, but that's not true: TSVN 1.5 does *not* contain the DOS/console
> version of plink. It's still the patched version (called TortoisePlink)
> which prevents showing the annoying DOS window.
>
> Since TortoisePlink is based on Putty 0.60 instead of Putty 0.5x as in
> TSVN 1.4.8, you might have to recrate your session keys to make this work.
>
> Otherwise, have a look here:http://groups.google.com/group/tortoisesvn/browse_thread/thread/e2a3a...
>
> As for providing both versions: why?
> We provide TortoisePlink because that's the original plink with some
> patches from us to prevent the DOS window from popping up for every
> connection. If you need the console version however, just download putty
> from the original place.
>
> Stefan
>

I'm using Putty 0.60 for over a year, and I'm still using some keys
generated several years ago which work flawlessly to access
Sourceforge's shell. So it is not a key issue.

So please let me describe the problem with TortoisePlink from scratch
in another way:
The TortoisePlink of TSVN 1.5.0 doesn't show a separate window/popup
when asking for the user's or key's password.
In releases 1.4.6 to 1.4.8 it did show a separate popup.

As you changed the Putty base in TSVN 1.50 from Putty 0.5 to 0.6 it
may be that not all of your Plink modifications have been transferred
to the 0.6 code, or that your 0.5 changes are not enough for, or
fitting, to the 0.6 base.

Stefan, does your TortoisePlink of TSVN 1.5.0 prompt you for the
user's or key's password in a separate window/popup? (don't use
PAGEANT for this)
Here's the MD5 checksum of the version that is in the official release
(336896 bytes, date 09:00.30 2008-06-21):
d508784fca0dc9b3cb6a4b4bc983ba81 TortoisePlink.exe

Kind regards
Maddes

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Received on 2008-06-28 15:17:56 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the TortoiseSVN Users mailing list.