[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Doc creation with non-western charsets

From: Lübbe Onken | RA Consulting <l.onken_at_rac.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:35:10 +0100

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi Stefan,

You wrote:

> > Japanese: - chm OK - pdf completely broken on my PC, but OK on the
> > TSVN download page. Different fonts on Steves Build machine & my PC?
>
> Do you have the fonts msgothic.ttc and msmincho.ttc installed?

Yes I have, but perhaps the fop font metrics are broken. It only happens when pdf is created, so the process seems to find the windows fonts somehow during chm creation.

> > Slovenian: - chm OK - pdf some '#'-placeholder chars in
> index & text,
> > confirmed on TSVN download page
>
> No idea - I've got the fonts set in doc\xsl\sl\userconfig.template.xml
> properly installed (simhei.ttf and simsun.ttc).

Simhei&simsun are Chinese fonts. It's absolute nonsense to reference them in the Slovenian userconfig template. I'll clean that up.
 
> > Slovak: - chm OK - pdf some '#'-placeholder chars in index & text,
> > confirmed on TSVN download page
>
> again, I've got the fonts installed.

Here I'm not convinced that we need this long font list at all. They're defaults anyway IMO and they didn't catch the edge case with the special characters. I'll make checks without the list.

> > Serbian cyrillic: - chm OK - pdf OK
> >
> > Serbian latin: - chm Index contains some '.' placeholder chars - pdf
> > contains some cyrillic words, probably from the docbook default
> > translation
>
> No fonts set in userconfig.template.xml - maybe that's one reason.

The strange thing is that only the standard docbook texts like "chapter" and "preface" appear in cyrillic. Perhaps docbook defaults to cyrillic when Serbian is selected. This has IMO nothing to do with fonts.

Serbian cyrillic and Russian html chunker output has code page windows-1251. The cyrillic fonts seem to work fine in CHM and PDF.

Croatian, Slovenian and Slovak html output is set to windows-1250, I'll try setting Serbian latin to that code page too. Maybe that'll do the trick for the chm file.
If that doesn't help, I'll also set lang.target.code for the html help.

Generally the chm creation seems to bee less problematic now than PDF. It used to be the other way round :)

Cheers
- -Lübbe

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (MingW32)

iD8DBQFJBtzMm8gezyP1EasRAu5rAJ4/+pRhLXj3Fzf0lURecuQtUA/e8gCdHF9F
20Jm/UxSOz+iTbO+RtR8Xe0=
=vqMy
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Received on 2008-10-28 10:35:23 CET

This is an archived mail posted to the TortoiseSVN Dev mailing list.