On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 3:19 AM, Simon Large <
> 2008/10/10 Robert Dailey <rcdailey_at_gmail.com>:
> > Hey Stefan,
> > I realize this is a question for the Subversion mailing list but I was
> > curious as to what you thought about it first.
> > Have you ever created a feature branch, kept it up to date, and then got
> > ready to merge it back to trunk and you get random file conflicts? The
> > conflicts usually conflict the entire file, and viewing the conflicts
> > through TortoiseMerge doesn't show any conflict. You actually have to
> > the file manually and look at the position of the <<<<<<<<<<<< and
> > symbols to see the conflicted areas. When I merge the feature branch back
> > trunk, I use the bottom of the 3 merge options in the merge dialog.
> > Note that I'm using the latest nightly build, and I'm not sure what
> > of SVN that it is using. The conflicts I'm getting should never happen,
> > since they are exactly the same content-wise in the feature branch as
> > are in the trunk. Just wondering if you've seen this issue.
> Most likely the line endings have changed. There is an option in
> TMerge to show line endings, and to include line-endings in the diff.
> If this turns out to be the problem, make sure you set svn:eol-style
> to avoid it.
I did as you instructed and enabled line endings in TortoiseMerge. However,
it is still not showing any differences. Note that I right click conflicted
items with the merge progress dialog still up (but completed) and select
"Edit Conflicts" from there.
Received on 2008-10-10 21:38:45 CEST