On 16/07/07, Lübbe Onken <email@example.com> wrote:
> Simon, The idea to use the condition="pot" attribute to exlude strings from spell checking is nice, but I'm afraid it breaks the translation, because the entire tag gets removed when the .pot file is created.
> Example from tsvn_app_automation.xml:
> <option condition="pot">/closeonend:0</option> don't close the dialog automatically
> Gets reduced to:
> don't close the dialog automatically
> by the .pot profiler. It's the way docbook profiling works, sorry. It drops entire tags. For the translation the full string including the <option> tag is used, which means that xml2po.py doesn't find a match.
> 1) A way to overcome this would be to tell xml2po.py that <option> (and maybe others) is a tag that has to be extracted separately. This would allow us to use the condition="pot" attribute
> 2) Another solution is to either use Stans tag filter and add more tags
> 3) or to use a different attribute for sections that should not be spell checked and teach the filter to exclude those attributed tags. In the example above:
> <option spellcheck="false">/closeonend:0</option> don't close the dialog automatically
> would still include the entire paragraph in the .pot file. The translator has to copy & paste the <option> tag, but at least he knows what he is translating.
> Three ways to solve the problem. I think the effort is about the same for each direction. Which path should we follow? My personal favourite is 3) because I think that some tags should go into the .pot file, but not be spell checked.
OK, changed again in the last few revs. I stripped out all the
condition="pot" attributes that I added previously. I then put a load
of items in <option> tags and excluded <option> from the checking.
This does 2 things:
1. Reduces the spellcheck output :)
2. Notifies the translators that this is something that should not be
translated because it is a program option (or variable/property name).
Maybe <option> is not strictly correct in all these cases, but it
works well enough.
I reinstated the condition="pot" in the SubWCRev COM interface because
the methods all look like normal words, so there is no clue that they
should not be translated. They are all in separate <entry> tags, so it
will not break the translation. I have added a leading '.' just to be
sure there is no match elsewhere.
The last problem area is the server_apache.xml file, which has a load
of stuff that should be neither translated nor spellchecked, and I
haven't worked out the best way to handle those yet.
Sadly, due to the aspell bug that Stan found, the checking misses a
lot anyway, so if anyone can build aspell 0.60 for Windows that would
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net
To unsubscribe, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional commands, e-mail: email@example.com
Received on Tue Jul 17 01:05:21 2007