Albert Martin wrote:
> User: Albert Martin, mailto:email@example.com
> Categories: Other
> I\'m looking for a translation of the help file to Spanish, but can\'t
> find it. It is available? I\'m using the 1.1.5 release with the Spanish
> patch. I can handle all of it in English, but need some way to
> train/teach my Spanish speaking users. I\'m willing to translate it if
> I have to, I think it\'s the least I can do to help. You have done a
> GREAT job!
The help file hasn't been translated to spanish yet, but someone already
started working on it. It would of course be great if you could help out
To translate the helpfile:
- check out the folder
(you will get more than one file).
- in doc/po there's a file 'doc.pot'. That's the template
which contains all the english strings you have to
- Download poEdit from http://poedit.sourceforge.net and install it
- If there's no xx.po file (with 'xx' being your language code) in
doc/po, copy the file doc.pot to xx.po.
- open the file xx.po (in your case es.po) with poEdit.
- in poEdit, choose 'catalog->update from pot file' to merge in all
new strings you have to translate.
- then you can start translating the strings.
- When you've translated some strings/chapter, save the po file and
send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then merge your
translations in our source tree and commit the changes.
With the next release of TortoiseSVN (version 1.2) all languages which
have (at least partially) translated the docs, a separate help file will
ship with the language pack.
If you have any more questions or need help with translating, please
join our mailing list email@example.com (if you don't want to
subscribe, just send the mails there anyway, but clearly state that you
want to be cc'ed so you get the answers directly to your mail account.)
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org
To unsubscribe, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional commands, e-mail: email@example.com
Received on Thu Apr 28 20:41:48 2005