Hi. I am on a project where we have a Subversion server that is using version
1.7.14. I have a client machine that has Subversion version 1.6.11. I am
trying to use the Subclipse plugin version 1.6.18 from
Unfortunately, I cannot get it to work. I was told that I needed to upgrade
my Subversion client version to match the Subversion server version. I do
not understand why this is necessary. Here is what I have installed under
We are using Python on our project and I have the PyDev plugin installed.
The import of a svn repository is failing. Here is what I am doing and
1. From "PyDev Package Explorer", right-click and select "Import"
2. Under SVN select "Checkout Projects from SVN" and press Next
3. Select "Create a new repository"
4. Enter the URL for the svn repository and press Next
Next I get an error message like the following, "Error validating location:
"org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: URL '<url name here>'
non-existent in revision '<revision number>'.. Keep location anyway"
5. Next I select "Yes"
6. Next I am shown an error message, 'Folder " does not exist remotely.'
7. I dismiss this error message. Then I select the top folder of the
8. Next I select "Check out as a project in the workspace"
9. Next I click on Finish.
10. Next I am shown a message saying, "You appear to be checking out the
root of your repository. Are you sure that this is what you want to do?..."
I answer "Yes"
11. Next I get the error message, "'SVN Checkout' has encountered a problem.
Error Getting Dir list"
I ran into the above issues before on another machine and after upgrading
the svn client version to match the server's version and installing the
Subclipse 1.8.22 version, I got everything to work correctly.
Can anyone see what I am doing wrong and also answer the question as to why
it seems like I have to upgrade the client svn version to match the server's
View this message in context: http://tigris-scm.10930.n7.nabble.com/Do-Subversion-server-and-client-versions-need-to-match-for-Subclipse-to-work-tp100368.html
Sent from the subclipse - users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_subclipse.tigris.org].
Received on 2016-03-07 18:15:28 CET