[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

[Subclipse-users] 0.9.106: File lost after update

From: Christian Sell <christian.sell_at_netcologne.de>
Date: 2006-02-25 01:20:27 CET


I just experienced a very disturbing incident with the 0.9.106 release. I am on
Linux, using the JavaSVN client against a freshly installed 1.3 subversion
repository on a Linux server via WebDAV/HTTPS.

After entering the synchronize view, the view showed 2 conflicts which I decided
I would resolve after the update. So I simply did an update.

Afterwards I found that a file, which I had newly committed just before the
update, and since modified, was now flagged as non-versioned! This file was not
related to the conlicts I mentioned earlier. When I tried to do an update
again, svn gave me an error message stating that it could not add the resource
because another one of the same name was already existant!

I ended up having to manually delete the directory in which the file was
located, and doing an update on the parent directory. This added the file back
to my working copy in versioned state. I then copied in the modifications, and
was all set again. Still, I am having very mixed feelings.

BTW, a colleague of mine reported similar experiences several times, from which
he was only able to escape by deleting the working copy and doing a fresh

The only real novelty that I can determine with my experience is the fact that I
was using the sychronize view (which I dont do often), and that I did an update
with merge conflicts.

I hope this helps to resolve the issue
Christian Sell

To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subclipse.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subclipse.tigris.org
Received on Sat Feb 25 01:20:40 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subclipse Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.