news <email@example.com> wrote on 06/10/2005 03:50:10 PM:
> I've got following problem: if I start Eclipse (under Linux) with
> UTF-8 and perform a checkout or a replace
> files containing letters like ö, ä, ü contains strange unreadable
> the place of ö, ä and ü. If I set
> LANG=de_DE.ISO-8859-1 before starting Eclipse, the files are correctly
> In both cases Eclipse shows as property of the file as well as of the
> default (retrieved from container)
> I don't know if an option could be set when using the svn command line
> seems to me that an information concerning
> the encoding is missing at the repository level like the one used by
> for CVS Repositories.
Subversion uses the locale settings like LANG to determine the encoding.
There are no Subversion options we can set from Subclipse that I am aware
I am cc:ing this to the Subversion users@ list in case anyone has other
One thing you might try is experimenting with just the Subversion command
line and your shell settings to see when there is or is not a problem.
Also, if you are not using JavaHL within Subclipse, then switching to that
*might* give better results. No matter what you do, I think your locale
will need to be set in the process that starts Eclipse.
Scanned for SoftLanding Systems, Inc. by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.
Received on Sat Jun 11 06:01:39 2005