[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Missing encoding property per repository location

From: Marc Guillemot <mguillemot_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: 2005-06-10 21:50:10 CEST

Hi,

I've got following problem: if I start Eclipse (under Linux) with LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 and perform a checkout or a replace
files containing letters like , , contains strange unreadable character at the place of , and . If I set
LANG=de_DE.ISO-8859-1 before starting Eclipse, the files are correctly retrieved.

In both cases Eclipse shows as property of the file as well as of the project: default (retrieved from container)
ISO-8859-1.

I don't know if an option could be set when using the svn command line but it seems to me that an information concerning
the encoding is missing at the repository level like the one used by Eclipse for CVS Repositories.

Marc.
Received on Sat Jun 11 05:50:10 2005

This is an archived mail posted to the Subclipse Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.