> >What just happened is that your fixes inspired me to take a deeeeper
> >look into surrounding classes and then I found myself
> refactoring most
> >of the IResourceVariant classes and the way sync infos are
> >I expect I might get finished by this weekend.
> >The expected result is again some increase in performance and maybe
> >also some behavioural improvement.
> >It's a bigger stuff, so I might need your help with testing then ...
> Send the patches to this list and i would be glad to take a
> look. I really need to get a better understanding of this sync stuff.
> On a slightly related note. There is a bug in the system
> that talks about not using the resource variants for base
> resources. In your investigation, is this possible?
> Resource variants seem to be cached in the meta data
> somewhere. We don't really need this since we have a base
> copy sitting in the WC already.
I've just commited the refactored BaseResource related code in r1488.
It solved the performance regression (hitting server instead base copy).
It also solved an issue when doing CompareWith>BaseRevision where diff was
to find any particular difference and showed the whole contents as changed .
I expected som minor performance gain too.
So far I did not notice any new regressions, it seems to work at least as
good as before.
If you'll find some time and will, you can test it a bit too ...
Regarding the issue of not using resource variants for things we have in
I have to think through it carefully. I'm not sure whether it is feasible or
good idea at all yet.
I did not want to make too many changes at the same time, just fix the code
we had so far.
I'll investigate this idea later, I think there are some bugs waiting for me
Received on Wed Aug 3 17:36:47 2005