Daniel Serodio <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote on 12/23/2004 01:18:36 PM:
> Any news on this bug? It's the feature I use the most in the CVS plugin,
> and I
> really want to migrate to Subversion...
> I understand some about Eclipse plugins, but I'm not familiar with
> internals. I'm willing to fix this bug, if someone can give me some
It is not a bug, the action has just not been implemented yet. The whole
Synchronize action is still a work in progress and not to be used yet.
In my opinion, our biggest mistake is that we do not just hide that menu
option in our plugin.xml when we make our releases.
I am working on this action, but the code is ugly so it is easy to get
distracted to other tasks. Feel free to jump in if you want to try to
implement it. There was a posting on the list a few weeks ago about what
is left to do in Synchronize. This is the gist of it:
"These are some of the issues that must be addressed:
1. Add commit action where appropriate
2. Add revert action where appropriate
3. Add ignore action where appropriate
4. Test and fix the update action
5. Fix the synchronizer to correctly show locally deleted/missing
6. Enhance the sync view decorator to show more info (e.g. switched or
external resources, revision, authors, dates etc)
7. Enhance the sync view to show property changes
and some nice enhancements that would be welcomed:
1. Add support for commit sets (Eclipse 3.1)
2. Add more fine grained progress information.
Any help would be welcomed!"
So as this message states, feel free to jump in and knock off some of
these items. You can just send your patches to this list and we will
Scanned for SoftLanding Systems, Inc. by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.
Received on Fri Dec 24 05:28:08 2004