For the Board:
Some boring copyright questions, prompted by . If the Board isn't
the right entity to deal with these questions, I'm sure they know who
Firstly, could I ask the Board to seek legal advice on:
* whether the form of our current copyright notices is legally correct
or not (Justin claims not, in e.g. [1, 2])
* at what point we should be making changes to the dates in the notices
(for both the file level and 'package' level, i.e. the help output),
- whether it makes any difference if we are talking about a trunk
release or a branch release (e.g. 1.4.x),
- whether we have to make a packaged 'release' before we can change
the notice ('publication'), or whether visibility through e.g.
ViewVC is considered publication for copyright purposes.
Secondly, could the Board report on the progress of arranging the
transfer of the copyright currently held by CollabNet to the Subversion
Corporation (as I understand that that was the plan), and on any plans
for arranging for committers to sign CLAs?
Finally, could the Board make it possible for people to find out who
they actually are? Embarrassingly, I can't remember, and there seems to
be no public record. A page on the svnwiki would be ideal.
Received on Thu Jan 11 23:43:01 2007
- application/pgp-signature attachment: stored