SVN client 1.8.x: unable to checkout public repositories when behind a web proxy
From: Oikonomou Ioannis <ioannis.oikonomou_at_trasysgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 11:23:26 +0000
I have come across the following situation:
- With SVN client 1.8.x (specifically Tortoise 1.8.4), I'm not able to checkout public repositories when behind a (company) web proxy. You can try as an example to checkout from http://net-orcades-spring.googlecode.com/svn/trunk.
- It works fine with SVN client 1.7.14.
- If I try from home where I have direct access to Internet (i.e. no proxy), it works fine both ways (i.e. with SVN client 1.7.14 and with SVN client 1.8.4).
- I am aware of some regressions introduced in 1.8.x (specifically in 1.8.0 and supposed to be fixed in 1.8.1) when switching from neon to serf but I am not sure if my problem is related to that.
- I am not sure what SVN server version is used at googlecode, but according to their FAQ it is 1.6.x. I am mentioning this in case it matters.
- Some reference I found in the Internet:
Do you think this is a bug?
Let me know if you need additional information.
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.