[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: [serf-dev] Serf issue #102 and 1.8.0 release timing

From: Ben Reser <ben_at_reser.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 08:31:24 -0700

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 7:22 AM, C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato_at_collab.net> wrote:
> I'll suggest that the answer is found in how we'd track the issue locally.
> "Subversion requires Serf 1.2.1" would be a reasonable issue description.
> It would naturally be a 1.8.0 blocking issue. It's resolution (on our end,
> at least) would be simple -- some build system twiddling is all. What
> remains, then, is the determination of whether those changes (and it is
> arguably fair to consider all the changes made between Serf 1.2.0 and 1.2.1,
> here, too) are destabilizing or not. If they are considered destabilizing,
> we're at least release_date(serf_1.2.1) + 28 days away from 1.8.0-final
> again. If they are not, then we should hold off on 1.8.0-rc3 until Serf
> 1.2.1 is produced (hopefully Real Soon Now), and then our final release can
> come a week after that.

My vote is to not restart the soak. The plan to wait to produce
1.8.0-rc3 until serf 1.2.1 is available and adjust the dependency
requirements is exactly what I was planning to do.

Given that there's a great deal of overlap in developers with Serf and
Subversion, I trust that the Serf folks can choose appropriate changes
for 1.2.1 that won't be destabilizing.
Received on 2013-06-03 17:32:03 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.