On 04/03/13 22:57, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Gabriela Gibson wrote on Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 22:33:23 +0000:
>> What I've also found during my experiments at the weekend is that
>> apr-related entries in LD_FLAGS are edited while configure runs. So:
>> LD_FLAGS="-L/usr/local/serf/lib -L/usr/local/apr/lib" ./configure \
>> --enable-maintainer-mode --with-serf=/usr/local/serf
>> failed. Examining config.log showed that the failure appeared to occur
>> in the link test, and that the entry for "-L/usr/local/apr/lib" has been
> Which link test was it? It's hard to make any comment about the
> situation without seeing the code and the reason it strips -L flags.
> (Is that our code, or something in autoconf's m4 library, that strips
> the -L flags?)
I think there is only check for serf.h, and one check for compiling.
The compile test has an extra "-L/usr/local/serf/lib" flag, so I've
mentally referred to it as "the link test".
I've provided the entire serf section of the config.log file in a later
email, but the section I was referring to is:
> configure:5510: checking for serf_context_create in -lserf-1
> configure:5535: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -g -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -pthread -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -I/home/g/trunk3/apr/include -I/home/g/trunk3/apr-util/include -I/usr/local/serf/include/serf-1 -L/usr/local/serf/lib conftest.c -lserf-1 -L/home/g/trunk3/apr-util -laprutil-1 -L/home/g/trunk3/apr -lapr-1 -lz >&5
> conftest.c:28:1: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype [-Wstrict-prototypes]
> conftest.c:30:1: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype [-Wstrict-prototypes]
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -laprutil-1
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lapr-1
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> The only way I could make the serf link test pass (and also add that
>> "-L/usr/local/apr/lib" flag) was to supply "--with-apr --with-apr-util" and
>> that was what my patch documented.
> That's.. odd. Adding "--with-apr" (without argument) should actually be
> a no-op, since APR is a mandatory dependency.
Ah, bad comms on my part. I've always used --with-apr=/usr/local/apr
--with apr-util=/usr/local/apr, rather than naked arguments. I didn't
realise that was misleading.
Received on 2013-03-05 00:08:08 CET