[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Ruby bindings failing on buildbots

From: Joe Swatosh <joe.swatosh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 22:39:42 -0800

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 9:46 PM, Joe Swatosh <joe.swatosh_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 2:44 AM, Philip Martin
> <philip.martin_at_wandisco.com> wrote:
>> The Ruby bindings are failing during check-swig-rb on the buildbots for
>> trunk.  This has been happening since r1293375, which changed the way
>> property diffs are reported during replay.  As far as I can tell this is
>> a problem with the bindings rather than the core Subversion code.
>>
>> The test deletes and commits, along with other changes, a property 'AAA'
>> with value 'BBB' from file '/diff1.txt'.  I've added some print
>> statements to the Ruby and I see this for the test at r1293374:
>>
>> test_diff(SvnInfoTest): ChangedEditor.change_file_prop:diff1.txt:AAA:nil
>> ChangedEditor.close_file:diff1.txt:update
>> ChangedEditor.close_file:diff2.txt:nil
>> ChangedEditor.change_file_prop:nil:XXX:YYY
>> ChangedEditor.close_file:nil:update
>> ChangedEditor.close_file:nil:nil
>> ChangedEditor.close_edit:diff1.txtdiff2.txt
>> get_diff_recurse::false:false
>> get_diff_recurse:/diff1.txt:true:true   # it's a file with prop_mod
>> get_prop_diff:/diff1.txt:AAABBB
>> Property.diffs2::AAABBB
>> get_diff_recurse:/diff2.txt:true:false
>> get_diff_recurse:/diff4.txt:true:true
>> get_prop_diff:/diff4.txt:
>> Property.diffs2:XXXYYY:
>> get_diff_recurse:/diff5.txt:true:false
>> .
>>
>> At r1293375 I see this:
>>
>> test_diff(SvnInfoTest): ChangedEditor.change_file_prop:diff1.txt:AAA:nil
>> ChangedEditor.close_file:diff1.txt:update
>> ChangedEditor.close_file:diff2.txt:nil
>> ChangedEditor.change_file_prop:nil:XXX:YYY
>> ChangedEditor.close_file:nil:update
>> ChangedEditor.close_file:nil:nil
>> ChangedEditor.close_edit:diff1.txtdiff2.txt
>> get_diff_recurse::false:false
>> get_diff_recurse:/diff1.txt:true:false   # it's a file, no prop_mod
>> get_diff_recurse:/diff2.txt:true:false
>> get_diff_recurse:/diff4.txt:true:true
>> get_prop_diff:/diff4.txt:
>> Property.diffs2:XXXYYY:
>> get_diff_recurse:/diff5.txt:true:false
>> F
>>
>> So in both cases the property delete is getting into the Ruby bindings
>> at ChangedEditor.change_file_prop, but gets lost by the time
>> get_diff_recurse is reached.
>>
>> I don't know enough Ruby to fix this.
>>
>> --
>> uberSVN: Apache Subversion Made Easy
>> http://www.uberSVN.com
>
> Thanks for saying something. I'll try to look into it this weekend.
>
> --
> Joe

Anybody else gets to it first, please feel free to fix. I've got to
figure out when gen-make.py broke for me . :-(

--
Joe
Received on 2012-03-10 07:40:15 CET

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.