[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: auth-test fails (E200006: svn_auth_get_platform_specific_client_providers should return an array of 5 providers)

From: Julian Foad <julianfoad_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 11:17:06 +0000 (GMT)

Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> >     svn_tests: E200006: svn_auth_get_platform_specific_client_providers should return an array of 5 providers
> >     FAIL:  lt-auth-test 1: test retrieving platform-specific auth providers
> >
> > Indeed, instrumenting the test, we learn that the actual number of
> > providers returned is 1.
> >
> > Known problem?
> Buildbots are green and I don't remember this one
> before.  Can you set a breakpoint in the test and check
> which four providers aren't returned?
> (Or, if that's easier, which one provider _is_ returned.)

I get this too when I run "make davautocheck" but not with "make check" or "make svnserveautocheck". The "svn.simple" provider is the only one returned.

I build and test in a separate directory from the source tree. I build with Gnome-keyring support.

Before running the tests, I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$OBJ_DIR/subversion/libsvn_auth_gnome_keyring/.libs". But when "auth-test" gets run, it find that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to


Lo! and behold: svnserveautocheck.sh sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH="...:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" whereas davautocheck.sh (and dav-mirror-autocheck.sh) overwrites the old value.

Blame... me. I inserted the ":$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" to svnserveautocheck.sh back in 2009, and I failed to spot the same thing being needed in these other places.

Thanks for the report.

Fixed in r1197065.

- Julian
Received on 2011-11-03 12:17:41 CET

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.