[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

problems with mimetype of and empty utf8 files in svn 1.7

From: Tomáš Bihary <bihary.t_at_st-software.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 11:15:19 +0200


after upgrading the svn 1.7 I realized an issue.

When I add an empty UTF-8 file, it is added with mimetype
The empty UTF8 file has 3 bytes size - there are just the 3 mark bytes
0xEF 0xBB 0xBF

If there is an content in that file, it is handled correctly like text.

I've found a similar issue 2194 with UTF-16 files which status is REOPENED.

Received on 2011-10-21 12:51:10 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.