[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: 1.7.1 coming end of month?

From: Hyrum K Wright <hyrum.wright_at_wandisco.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 16:43:03 -0500

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Hyrum K Wright
<hyrum.wright_at_wandisco.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 8:13 AM, Hyrum K Wright
> <hyrum.wright_at_wandisco.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Hyrum K Wright
>> <hyrum.wright_at_wandisco.com> wrote:
>>> I know that 1.7.0 is less than 24 hours old at this point, but it's
>>> been a couple of week since the magic revision, and we've already
>>> started to collect various merged items in CHANGES.  Given what I
>>> expect to be rapid feedback from our early adopters, I'd like to
>>> propose that we shoot for a 1.7.1 near the end of October.  I'd
>>> probably cut the tarballs on Oct. 27/28 and we'd go forward from
>>> there.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>
>> I'll add my own thoughts here.  :)
>>
>> We've got several quite-frequent bug reports coming in to users@,
>> including several various assertions and some crashes.  Most of them
>> are fixed on trunk and nominated for backport, with issue 4035 being
>> the major unfixed issue right now.  As soon as that gets fixed, and
>> everything gets proper review for backport, I'd like to cut 1.7.1,
>> instead of waiting for the end of the week.  Our users deserve it.
>
> Update: Philip is still working on some aspects of the workqueue
> checksum assertion, but seems to have a pretty good lead.  I'd like to
> get that fix into the release, as it appears to be the most frequent
> bug reported on users@.  As soon as we have a fix that is tested,
> reviewed and merged, I'll cut 1.7.1.  Hopefully that will be this
> week.

Yet Another Update: It looks like the only pending major item in
STATUS is the r1177732 group (which will be merged with the r1185738
upon approval). There as a commit for issue 4033 earlier today, but I
don't see it in STATUS, and don't know if it is sufficiently high in
priority to wait on it for 1.7.1.

In any case, I'm currently operating under the assumption that
r1177732 is all we lack, and once that gets reviewed and approved,
I'll go ahead and cut the release. (Unless I head loud complaints to
the contrary, of course.)

-Hyrum

-- 
uberSVN: Apache Subversion Made Easy
http://www.uberSVN.com/
Received on 2011-10-19 23:43:37 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.