[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

[PATCH] python script for issue #396, fixing the bogus mergeinfo

From: Prabhu Gnana Sundar <prabhugs_at_collab.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 20:32:28 +0530

Hi all,

With reference to my earlier discussions in
I am attaching a python script which would find the bogus mergeinfo and
fix it.

This script would eventually look for the location segments of the
source paths against the respective revision
ranges present in the mergeinfo. With respect to the output of the
location segments it would create a new mergeinfo
and store it in the ".newmergeinfo" file in the path from where the
python script was run. The hash of this file would
be in the ".hashfile" in the same path.

By default, the script would not fix the new changes in the working
copy. Fixing the new mergeinfo to the working copy
can be achieved by passing the "--fix" option to the script.

Also, this script can also authenticate against the self-signed ssl servers.

I tested this script on our asf subversion repo found a few bogus
mergeinfo such as in the "tree-conflicts" branch:

/subversion/branches/tree-conflicts with 872524-873154,868290-872329

The above should be correct mergeinfo since it was not at all present in
the revision range: r872330-872524

Also, I ran this script against the
https://ctf.open.collab.net/svn/repos/svnedge/trunk/console path and
found a bogus mergeinfo. (it has a self-signed cert)

Please share your thoughts...

Thanks and regards

Received on 2011-08-18 17:03:03 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.