[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: JavaHL bug in 1.7 retrieving mergeinfo

From: Julian Foad <julian.foad_at_wandisco.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 10:13:59 +0100

On Sat, 2011-08-06, Mark Phippard wrote:
> The attached Java program shows a bug in 1.7 when calling the
> getMergeinfoLog API. If the discoverChangedPaths boolean is
> set to true we do not get back the expected results. When it
> is false, the API works properly.
[...]
> It still boils down to the discoverChangedPaths boolean breaks the
> functionality. I have traced the source code into svn_client and it
> all seems OK to me. There is nothing obvious about this particular
> parameter that seems wrong. Maybe the code that calls svn_client_log5
> is not properly setup to handle the additional callbacks for the
> changed paths? That is all I can think of.

The other day I noticed that the 'svn mergeinfo' command passes
'discover_changed_paths = TRUE' to svn_client_mergeinfo_log(), although
it doesn't need this information. Expecting to improve performance, I
changed the parameter to FALSE and found that the result was actually
slower. Looking further now, I see that the result is different.

Example: svn mergeinfo --show-revs=eligible
^/subversion/branches/1.7.x_at_1154862 ^/subversion/trunk_at_1154862

  with svn_client_mergeinfo_log(discover_changed_paths=TRUE):
    r1150779
    r1151037
    ...
    r1154720
    r1154734

  with svn_client_mergeinfo_log(discover_changed_paths=TRUE):
    r1148717
    r1148828
    ...
    r1150779
    r1151037
    ...
    r1154720
    r1154734

- Julian
Received on 2011-08-08 11:15:16 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.