[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: [PROPOSAL] Create the 1.7.x branch. Like, now.

From: Greg Stein <gstein_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 02:32:50 -0400

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 12:50, Greg Stein <gstein_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 10:32, C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato_at_collab.net> wrote:
>> What to do about Serf?  I'd like to think that Greg could wrap up his work
>> on the single remaining blocking issue in the next week or so.  I've already
>> heard (via Hyrum) that he's essentially finished with the work, and just
>> testing his changes at this point.
> Correct. I have started outlining the test plan, but wanna get it into
> notes/ and flesh it out more. Then figure out how to get the
> conditions set up.

Started with r1145852.

>>   I do not know, though, what the status
>> of the Serf 1.0 release is, which I *thought* was also a pre-requisite for
>> making available many of the recent blocker-related fixes.  (Greg?)
> Yes. I'll do this today. We have no pending changes that I'm aware of,
> and consumers like svn are already adapted to the 1.0 label.

Heh. Call it "done" and changes come out of the woodwork. (gee, where
have we seen that before?) ... there has been a good dozen changes
today for minor cleanups, packaging, compiler fixes, etc. Nothing
functional, thankfully (for a couple/three weeks, actually).

So rather than rolling today, I'm going to let serf gel for a day or
two, then spin out the 1.0 release.

I would like to disable pre-1.0 serf releases (think of our apr-0.9 vs
apr-1.x nightmares). That can be a simple branch-merge once there is a
reference 1.0 release for packagers to depend upon and supply.


Received on 2011-07-13 08:33:53 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.