[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: 1.7.0 blocking issues / branching

From: Greg Stein <gstein_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 16:54:45 -0400

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 16:46, Mark Phippard <markphip_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to reiterate my objections to further delaying our release
> process with these interim releases.

In my mind, I was just thinking of a couple weeks with a label
("beta") that people might actually try out.

> I do not think anyone would disagree that if we wait another 2-3
> months then even more bugs would be found and fixed.  That does not
> mean that is the right product release strategy as that logic never
> ends.  There are always going to be more bugs, and as people get
> impatient and start dumping more new features into the release we
> might even be creating more new bugs in the process.

I hear what you're saying. In short, I might rephrase as "we got
nothing blocking us, so let's ship 1.7.0, and be ready for 1.7.1 in
three days." :-)

Received on 2011-06-15 22:55:19 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.