[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: svn info doesn't report simple conflicts

From: Hyrum K Wright <hyrum_at_hyrumwright.org>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 13:57:04 -0500

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Stefan KŁng <tortoisesvn_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03.05.2011 19:46, Hyrum K Wright wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Stefan KŁng<tortoisesvn_at_gmail.com>
>> †wrote:
>>>
>>> On 03.05.2011 19:40, Hyrum K Wright wrote:
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Stefan KŁng<tortoisesvn_at_gmail.com>
>>>> †wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> Using a build from three days ago, I found that
>>>>> svn info conflicted_file
>>>>> doesn't report the simple conflict (not a tree conflict but a text
>>>>> conflict).
>>>>>
>>>>> The doc string for 'conflicts' in the svn_wc_info_t struct reads:
>>>>> Array of const svn_wc_conflict_description2_t * which contains info
>>>>> on any conflict of which this node is a victim. Otherwise NULL.
>>>>>
>>>>> I assumed that this means any conflict, not just text conflicts?
>>>>> So is the doc string wrong or the svn info API?
>>>>>
>>>>> in info.c, info_found_node_callback there's a call to
>>>>> svn_wc__get_tree_conflict() but that of course returns NULL because
>>>>> there
>>>>> are no tree conflicts on that file, only a text conflict.
>>>>>
>>>>> I think the doc string is correct but the API is wrong here, since I
>>>>> can't
>>>>> find another way to get the conflict info from a file with any other
>>>>> API.
>>>>
>>>> Heh. †I *just* fixed this in r1099149. †Could you give that a try and
>>>> see if it works?
>>>
>>> Of course. Will take me a while to build everything. I'll report back in
>>> a
>>> few hours...
>>
>> Thanks. †(And I'm amazed that we both came to the same conclusion
>> independently at *exactly* the same time....)
>
> I can confirm that your commit fixes the issue. Thanks!

Good.

> And I was just debugging the issue because of a bug report on the TSVN
> mailing list. Then I found the discussion about svn info -R on the svn dev
> list and found that it wasn't the same issue. Then I wrote the report. So I
> guess you started fixing the issue the same time I started debugging :)

Yep. I looked it and said "huh, we aren't returning the other
conflict information anymore, but we should" and made the change.
Five minutes later, I saw your mail.

-Hyrum
Received on 2011-05-03 20:57:34 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.