[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

RE: File externals, 1.5 client, and 1.7 client: dies with with "In file 'subversion/libsvn_wc/adm_ops.c' line 2343: assertion failed (external_repos_relpath != NULL)"

From: Bert Huijben <bert_at_qqmail.nl>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:21:55 +0200

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Daniel Shahaf [mailto:d.s_at_daniel.shahaf.name]
> Sent: maandag 19 juli 2010 16:38
> To: dev_at_subversion.apache.org
> Subject: File externals, 1.5 client, and 1.7 client: dies with with "In
> file 'subversion/libsvn_wc/adm_ops.c' line 2343: assertion failed
> (external_repos_relpath != NULL)"
>
> Originally I had a file external which pointed to the same repository
> but under
> a different server name. (i.e., under a CNAME rather than under the
> name I
> used during checkout.) I then checkout'd (rather: svn up --set-
> depth'd) with
> 1.5, which complained about the external being a file external. So I
> 'svn
> upgrade'd and ran 'up --set-depth' again. It died with an assertion.

As noted on IRC, I fixed the assertion in r965523. But note that this
doesn't make the scenario work as libsvn_wc can't determine if two different
urls point to the same repository.

I would recommend using repository relative urls for file externals, until
we have a new and proper design on how we want to handle file externals.

        Bert
Received on 2010-07-19 22:23:16 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.