[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

svn_client_patch not applying patch correctly

From: Stefan Küng <tortoisesvn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 22:27:42 +0200

Hi,

I'm currently trying to make use of the new API svn_client_patch() in
TortoiseMerge and TSVN. I got it working already, but when I started
testing I found that it doesn't apply patches that can be applied cleanly.

In the TSVN repository, we have a few test files which show the problem.

The patch
http://code.google.com/p/tortoisesvn/source/browse/trunk/test/mergediff/patch.diff
should be applied to the folder
http://code.google.com/p/tortoisesvn/source/browse/trunk/test/mergediff/#mergediff/FilesToPatch

That patch file can be applied without any problem since the files to
patch weren't changed after the patch file was created. The original
patch implementation in TortoiseMerge can do it just fine, but
svn_client_patch can't.

The patch contains modifications to three files:
* yourShoppingCart.cfc
   -> this file gets deleted by svn_client_patch, which is ok
* ShellCache.h
   -> this file results in three applied and one rejected hunk
      the result as it *should* be is shown in image1, the result
      from svn_client_patch is shown in image2
* file1
   -> this empty file should get one new line added, but instead
      that hunk is rejected and the file stays empty.

Stefan

-- 
        ___
   oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"
  (_,\/ \_/ \     TortoiseSVN
    \ \_/_\_/>    The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
    /_/   \_\     http://tortoisesvn.net
Received on 2010-05-21 22:28:18 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.