[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: 1.6.10 up for testing/signing - merge tests failing

From: Paul Burba <ptburba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 18:07:57 -0400

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Philip Martin
<philip.martin_at_wandisco.com> wrote:
> Philip Martin <philip.martin_at_wandisco.com> writes:
>> Paul Burba <ptburba_at_gmail.com> writes:
>>>> My bad, I didn't pass --url!  I was still half asleep when I did that.
>>>>  The tests pass for me over ra_neon, but all except 77 fail over
>>>> ra_serf.
>>> All 5 corresponding tests (45, 76, 78, 123, 125 for those playing at
>>> home) pass on trunk [fsfs | ra_serf]
>> Agreed. I get the same 4 failures as you, and they pass on trunk.
> This is the revision that causes the failures:
> r923779 | hwright | 2010-03-16 14:48:28 +0000 (Tue, 16 Mar 2010) | 16 lines
> Reintegrate the 1.6.x-issue-3242-partial branch:
>  * ^/subversion/branches/1.6.x-issue-3242-partial
>   Merge a portion of the issue 3242 work, specifically the bit that
>   makes mergeinfo queries in the client layer happen against the
>   current RA session URL instead of forcibly against the repository
>   root URL (which might not be readable by the user per authz
>   policy).  While this is not a full solution to issue #3242, it
>   should get us back to Subversion 1.4-level behavior which has
>   pretty consistently been deemed acceptable (enough) by our user
>   base.
>   Justification:
>     Issue #3242 is a hot issue.  Hot topic, hot tempers, etc.
>   Votes:
>     +1: cmpilato, ivan, rhuijben

This is also the revision that is causing the failure with
basic_tests.py 37 "use folders with names like 'c:hi'".

With 1.6.x-issue-3242-partial in place, basic_tests.py 37 now calls
svn_client__open_ra_session_internal(), in
libsvn_client/delete.c:delete_urls(), on the specific URL to be


rather than the root of the reposisotry:


Note the trailing part now in the URL: "/c:hi". This ultimately
causes svn_io_check_path() in libsvn_repos/repos.c:check_repos_path()
to fail because it can't handle the ':'

        libsvn_repos-1.dll!check_repos_path() Line 1265 C
         libsvn_repos-1.dll!svn_repos_find_root_path() Line 1366 C
         libsvn_ra-1.dll!svn_ra_local__split_URL() Line 131 C
         libsvn_ra-1.dll!svn_ra_local__open() Line 454 C
         libsvn_ra-1.dll!svn_ra_open3() Line 481 C
         libsvn_client-1.dll!svn_client__open_ra_session_internal() Line 296 C
         libsvn_client-1.dll!delete_urls() Line 187 C
         libsvn_client-1.dll!svn_client_delete3() Line 270 C
         svn.exe!svn_cl__delete() Line 83 C
         svn.exe!main() Line 2119 C
         svn.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() Line 582 C
         svn.exe!mainCRTStartup() Line 399 C

There are a slew of fixes in this space on trunk that will probably
need to be backported,




look to be the first two, but so far all they do is move the problem around :-)

I'll dig some more tomorrow.

Bert - CCed you specifically since you've done a lot of work with the
svn_[dirent|uri]_* APIs as well as the "c:hi"-type fixes, so if you
think I'm on a fool's errand here (i.e. going to require 1.7 APIs to
fix) please let me know!

Received on 2010-04-02 00:08:22 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.