In random order while trying to fix Bert's posting issues (mentioned via IRC):
* when admin'ing dev@ list, to add a subscriber, hit "Browse Users"
... the filter doesn't work
* tried to subscribe one of bert's secondary email addresses, but it
says "already subscribed", yet I can't see/filter on that in the
* for bert's record, I tried to alter the Trusted flag -- the changes don't take
* to actually *get* the Trusted flag set, I had to unsub and resub Bert
* Bert posts from one of N addresses, but they all get converted to
From: his one profile address (not desired; it isn't an "active"
Then we come back to the "convert to attachment" thing. While it may
appear that the mailing list is fixed in that attachments finally go
through, I found that the web-based list browser still shows them as
attachments (tho hard to tell if this example is auto-converted or
what). And it forces you to download the thing, so some messages are
simply blank unless/until you download an attachment to your box in
order to simply read a posting. For example:
And on the auto-convert... there are lots of commit messages that get
converted, so my several line preview of the message tells me
*nothing* about what was in the original email. That preview is there
for a reason: it is really useful. The attachment conversion blows it
Might seriously be time to consider a Google Group or something.
Received on 2009-01-22 11:24:23 CET