[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Branching 1.6 on Nov. 5

From: Karl Fogel <kfogel_at_red-bean.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 16:56:50 -0400

"Hyrum K. Wright" <hyrum_wright_at_mail.utexas.edu> writes:
> As has been discussed on IRC, dev@, and at the summit last week, we're
> shooting for a 1.6.0 release toward the end of December, approximately
> 6 months after 1.5.0. Given that goal, and our typical release cycle,
> that would mean branching near the end of October/beginning of
> November. So I'm pegging the branch date at Nov. 5, 1700 UTC.
> I'll follow this up with my standard disclaimer: this date isn't set
> in stone (more like quick drying concrete). If there are serious and
> valid concerns, we can push the date back a week or so, but I'm
> hesitant to go any farther than that.
> In the meantime, please try and be a little conservative about what
> makes it into trunk, so that it's pretty stable when we branch.

The only flag I'd raise is that I'd like to get Guo Rui's
sparse-directories deselection changes merged:


I've started bringing the branch up-to-date in r33560 and r33561, but
haven't finished yet. I won't be able to resume work on that until
Nov. 1st. While I think I will be able to get it all merged by the 6th,
it may be somewhat destabilizing.

My proposal is that we just play it by ear. I'll complete the merge (on
the branch), play around with it, post results, and then we decide if we
want it in 1.6 or 1.7. As long as it either gets into 1.6, or gets into
trunk immediately following 1.6 (so it's in 1.7), that'd be fine, though
of course 1.6 would be my preference.


To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help_at_subversion.tigris.org
Received on 2008-10-26 21:57:07 CET

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.