[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: [PATCH] Working copy on Samba share

From: <kmradke_at_rockwellcollins.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:14:30 -0500

alan.wood_at_clear.net.nz wrote on 09/22/2008 06:42:43 AM:
> Hi All,
> I have been working on trying to make subversion working copies
> behave on Samba shares.
> This patch seems to solve two issues that I have seen.
> The problems happen after a commit when the working copy is being
> updated.
> The first is that a rename would sometimes fail from .svn/tmp/blah
> to .svn/blah2 or .svn/dir-props to .svn/dir-props-base
> The second fault would be cannot access dir/.svn/lock. Both would
> report 'permission denied'.
> I have managed to trace this to places in the code where
> GetFileAttributes and SetFileAttributes are called.
> Both of these functions suffer from the same fate as described at
> the top of io.c and which the macro WIN32_RETRY_LOOP() was written
> to alleviate.
> The FileAttribue calls are in the apr_ routines apr_stat() and
> apr_file_attrs_set().
> This patch wraps these two apr_ routines in the WIN32_RETRY_LOOP()
> macro.
> I have patched all uses of these two routines even though I have
> only managed to trace issues occurring in
> svn_io_set_file_read_write() called from svn_io_file_rename() and
> io_check_path().
> Tests so far confirm that the issues that I have been able to
> reproduce have disappeared.

Hope this makes it into 1.5.3. Have had a lot of complaints from
people lately...

Kevin R.
Received on 2008-09-22 19:14:39 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.