[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Beta or RC by Wednesday evening

From: Karl Fogel <kfogel_at_red-bean.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:28:10 -0400

"Mark Phippard" <markphip_at_gmail.com> writes:
> My only objection to a Beta is if it is going to lead to some
> conversation a week from now that says we cannot do an RC because we
> just issued a Beta and we need to give it some time, and not create
> tester fatigue etc. If that is the case, then let's just do what
> needs to be done for RC. I do not want to wait another 3+ weeks for
> an RC when I think we are essentially ready now, or could be shortly.

I think we should release RC as soon as the docs are ready and the XFail
sweep is done...

> This always gets discounted, not sure why, but if we issue a beta it
> also means we are going to be eating up our own resources putting it
> out there instead of finalizing on the RC. We have the time it takes
> to gather signatures and the process of updating tigris with all of
> the release information. These things add up.

... whether we should issue a Beta in the meantime is a resource
question, in some ways. I think it would be worth it, as it will get
more attention than alphas do. But I don't think it needs to affect
when the RC goes it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help_at_subversion.tigris.org
Received on 2008-03-12 19:28:26 CET

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.