[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: branch 1.5?

From: David Glasser <glasser_at_davidglasser.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:35:18 -0800

On Jan 28, 2008 1:29 PM, Mark Phippard <markphip_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 28, 2008 4:25 PM, David Glasser <glasser_at_davidglasser.net> wrote:
> > I think we're ready to branch 1.5.
> >
> > It's not done yet, sure. There are still even some big decisions to
> > make (include 2897? some back-compatibility things? etc). But we'll
> > never be able to start stabilizing if every new subfeature has to be
> > evaluated both as "is this worth having in Subversion?" and "is this
> > worth having in 1.5?"
> >
> > I think that given the amount of work that is needed, we should have a
> > relaxed approach to backporting until we're actually ready to roll a
> > release candidate (either not using the STATUS system at all, or
> > requiring just two votes (which can be on IRC), etc). But I think we
> > are ready to branch, and free up trunk for non-1.5-related work.
> I pretty much agree with you. I was just waiting for this issue of
> the node-origins cache to be clarified before I intended to make the
> same proposal. It seems like we could reach a consensus and
> conclusion on that issue and then branch.

I dunno, I think this is a pretty easy issue to deal with post-branch,
given that I already implemented three different solutions... it's
really just a matter of deciding which one (or a combination, or
whatever) is best, which doesn't really benefit from "being on trunk"
vs not.


David Glasser | glasser@davidglasser.net | http://www.davidglasser.net/
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help_at_subversion.tigris.org
Received on 2008-01-28 22:35:40 CET

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.