[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Problem with blame -g

From: Mark Phippard <markphip_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:05:21 -0500

I just updated to HEAD to try the updated blame -g support. As usual,
I am using the merge tracking sample repository I have created which
is described here:

http://merge-tracking.open.collab.net/servlets/ProjectProcess?documentContainer=c2__Sample%20repository

I emailed Hyrum an updated version of the dump file to test with.

When I made the same repository, I always did copies with a username
of "copier" and merges with a username of "merger". That way, I knew
I should never see those names in the blame output. It also make it
easy when looking at log -g.

For the most part, it is all working perfectly. There is just one
file where it does give the right results.

$ svn blame -g trunk/products/index.html
       1 user <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
       1 user "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
       1 user <html>
       1 user <head>
       1 user <meta http-equiv="Content-type"
content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
       1 user <title></title>
       1 user </head>
       1 user
       1 user <body>
       1 user <p>Content for merge tracking early adopter program</p>
       1 user
G 2 user <p>This is the index page in the products folder.</p>
       1 user
G 12 merger <p>At our company we have 3 products:
G 2 user Big
G 12 merger Medium
G 2 user Little
G 2 user </p>
       1 user
G 11 auser <p>Check out our new roadmap!</p>
       1 user
       1 user <p>List of children:</p>
       1 user <ul>
       1 user <li>--</li>
       1 user </ul>
       1 user
       1 user <p>Copyright 2007, CollabNet</p>
       1 user </body>
       1 user </html>

You see those revision 12 = merger lines in the output? Those should
not exist. If you look at the diagram in the document I linked to,
those lines of code were all changed in r9 on trunk. They should have
gone into /branches/b when it was created from trunk at r10. In r12,
/branches/a is merged into /branches/b. I did diffs of all the
revisions to make sure the output is correct. There is just something
about this scenario that is giving throwing off the blame output.

Actually, looking again, the lines for revision 2 are also wrong in
that they indicate it is a merge. Really just the 1-line marked as
r11 should show as being the result of a merge.

-- 
Thanks
Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help_at_subversion.tigris.org
Received on 2008-01-28 22:05:39 CET

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.