[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: updating externals, possible bug

From: C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato_at_collab.net>
Date: 2007-06-08 19:03:28 CEST

I can reproduce this, too. It's not necessarily tied to the use of multiple
repositories. See the attached recipe shell script.

Stefan K√ľng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed this problem two days ago, but I waited until I had time to
> compile from HEAD and reproduce the problem. I've now updated to
> revision 25335, and the problem is still there:
>
> create the following working copy structure:
>
> wc
> folder1
> ext
> ext\folder-included-with-svn:externals
> ext\folder-included-with-svn:externals\subfolder1
> ext\folder-included-with-svn:externals\subfolder2
>
> Assume the external folder points to another repository at tags/1.0.0.
>
> Now, change the svn:externals property on the 'ext' folder so that the
> url points to 'tags/1.0.1'. Then, run an 'svn up' on the root wc folder.
>
> With an 1.4.x client, the externals folder would correctly switch over
> to the new URL, *including* all the subfolders.
>
> But with the latest version from trunk, this is not the case. Only the
> external folder itself points to the new URL after the update. All its
> subfolders will still point to the old URL of the external.
>
> Stefan
>

-- 
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato@collab.net>
CollabNet   <>   www.collab.net   <>   Distributed Development On Demand

Received on Fri Jun 8 19:03:41 2007

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.