[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

updating externals, possible bug

From: Stefan Küng <tortoisesvn_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2007-06-08 18:31:09 CEST


I've noticed this problem two days ago, but I waited until I had time to
compile from HEAD and reproduce the problem. I've now updated to
revision 25335, and the problem is still there:

create the following working copy structure:


Assume the external folder points to another repository at tags/1.0.0.

Now, change the svn:externals property on the 'ext' folder so that the
url points to 'tags/1.0.1'. Then, run an 'svn up' on the root wc folder.

With an 1.4.x client, the externals folder would correctly switch over
to the new URL, *including* all the subfolders.

But with the latest version from trunk, this is not the case. Only the
external folder itself points to the new URL after the update. All its
subfolders will still point to the old URL of the external.


   oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"
  (_,\/ \_/ \     TortoiseSVN
    \ \_/_\_/>    The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
    /_/   \_\     http://tortoisesvn.net
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Fri Jun 8 18:31:30 2007

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.