I'm working at a large Fortune 100 company on a project converting from
ClearCase to Subversion. We've got a problem and need you guys' help.
- One team is working on trunk (say TeamOne).
- Another team is working on a branch (say TeamTwo).
- TeamTwo is re-organizing the directory structure of the same code base.
Files being moved from one dir to another to facilitate clean atomic builds.
- TeamOne is continuing feature development without making any dir structure
- We need to merge from the branch to trunk.
- We want the contents on trunk to appear in the directory structure that
came from the branch.
We can't do this right now. It overwrites the changes made on trunk. If you
try to merge from trunk to branch, it says the file doesn't exist (because
it does an 'Add/Delete' and its not the same object any more).
We can boil this issue down into a simple scenario:
- Developer A is working on FileX.java on trunk.
- Developer B is also working on FileX.java on trunk.
- Developer A renames FileX.java and commits the change.
- Developer B is stuck and cannot merge.
Does anyone have a solution to this issue?
Received on Thu Mar 29 01:07:33 2007