[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: APR library permissions building svn from 1.4.3 tarball

From: Steuard Jensen <steuard_at_slimy.com>
Date: 2007-02-01 23:20:13 CET

On Feb 1, 2007, at 1:33 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Steuard Jensen wrote:
>> Changing the ...0.9.12.dylib permissions to match those from the old
>> 0.9.7 install allows svn to run just fine (seemingly so, anyway: I
>> haven't really tried using it much yet).

I've done more with it now: it's working beautifully.

> I've never seen such a quirk; I wonder if the libtool isn't odd, or if
> your umask wasn't set to an unusual value.

I hadn't run into that sort of thing before, either, but then I
haven't done that much development or compiling of tools from source,
either. But I did find an earlier post to both of these mailing
lists in 2004 that reported a very similar issue (and partially clued
me in on how to fix it):


As for umask settings, I don't know that I've changed them since my
previous (successful) install of subversion 1.3.0; my user umask is
77, but I don't recall how that might change when running under
sudo. For that matter (in case it's relevant or helpful), after
discovering that my new svn 1.4.3 wasn't functional, I /was/ able to
run "make install" from my old svn 1.3.0 source directory and get the
program back to a working state. (Only after that did I track down
the problem to get the 1.4.3 version back up and running.)

I'm reasonably certain that my libtool is just whatever Apple gave me
(though it's showing a date of 18 Nov 2006, which suggests that it
may have been affected by an Apple software update somewhat recently).

Steuard Jensen

To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Sat Feb 3 01:15:35 2007

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.