[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: To RC1 or not to RC1?

From: Peter N. Lundblad <peter_at_famlundblad.se>
Date: 2006-07-02 12:44:39 CEST

Erik Huelsmann writes:
> Well, the bdb fixes fix is (to quote Garrett Rooney from irc) "a
> theoretical problem" ie it hasn't been spotted in the wild. There's no
> reproduction recipe whatsoever.
>
> While it is important we fix that problem, do we really want to hold
> RC1 for a thing like that?
>
Either we fix it for 1.4.0, meaning that the 4 week soak can't start
until it is fixed, or we wait and fix it in 1.4.x.

If it is fixed for 1.4.0, we're touching complicated core code that
needs as much testing as anything else. Then, I don't understand the point
of pushing out a one month old RC1 with other problem that we already
know of, especially since Garrett seems to be working on the problem and
may have it fixed during the next week.

I don't think releasing RC1 now will speed up the release process (if
that's our goal), but it will certainly make the RC testers have more work to
do.

Thanks,
//Peter

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Sun Jul 2 12:45:08 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.