[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: To RC1 or not to RC1?

From: Erik Huelsmann <ehuels_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-07-02 10:08:25 CEST

On 7/2/06, Peter N. Lundblad <peter@famlundblad.se> wrote:
> John Peacock writes:
> > David Anderson wrote:
> > > So, do we scrap and wait for the last of the fixes and backports for
> > > RC2, or release RC1, fully knowing that it is obsolete before release?
> >
> > [Nonvoting] +1 on waiting for RC2. There's no point in releasing something that
> > we already know isn't good enough. It just complicates things...
> >
>
> +1. This is, if I understand correctly, a critical bug that we can't
> include in a release. Obviously, we don't need to hold up the RC
> fro minor bugs/problems.

Well, the bdb fixes fix is (to quote Garrett Rooney from irc) "a
theoretical problem" ie it hasn't been spotted in the wild. There's no
reproduction recipe whatsoever.

While it is important we fix that problem, do we really want to hold
RC1 for a thing like that?

(I actually prefer we release RC1.)

bye,

Erik.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Sun Jul 2 10:08:53 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.