Re: svn2rss.py patch
From: C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato_at_collab.net>
Date: 2006-06-09 07:41:50 CEST
Okay, having now taken a look at the script, I have to agree -- a second
If I might offer some constructive criticism about the script as it sits
* The script should call sys.exit(1) at the end of "except
* Add a --max-items option.
* --revision could take a range, like the 'svn' client does.
* Lose --url, and add --url-template, which is a URL with replaceable
Dan Rall probably thought he was being helpful when he removed the
* Come up with decent default values for options for which
--svn-path could default to nothing, meaning "look in $PATH"
Alternatively, the script should validate input before trying to act
* Lose --repos-path, and make it a command-line argument, not an option.
-- C. Michael Pilato <firstname.lastname@example.org> CollabNet <> www.collab.net <> Distributed Development On Demand
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.