[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: 'cd e:\; svn update e:\' fails

From: Blair Zajac <blair_at_orcaware.com>
Date: 2006-05-24 21:21:06 CEST

Malcolm Rowe wrote:
> On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 09:37:35PM -0700, Blair Zajac wrote:
>>C:\Documents and Settings\Blair Zajac>svn update e:\
>>At revision 814.
>>C:\Documents and Settings\Blair Zajac>e:
>>E:\>svn update e:\
>>svn: Working copy 'E:' locked
>>svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for details)
>>Removing the e:\ from the last update has update work.
> I started to look at this, but the basic problem is that we don't
> understand X:\ as an absolute path at all - we canonicalise it to X:,
> which means something else entirely.
> This particular manifestation of the problem is in
> libsvn_wc/lock.c:svn_wc_adm_open_anchor(), where we open the parent of
> the target (if one exists) and the target itself. In this case, the
> parent of "X:" is "", so we try to lock "X:" (which succeeds) and then ""
> (which is the same thing, and so fails).
> While there's some work to do in libsvn_wc to handle this case, we
> need to educate our path routines that X:\ is an absolute path first,
> and that seems non-trivial.

I opened a new ticket just to bookmark this issue.



Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
Subversion training, consulting and support
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Wed May 24 21:21:49 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.