[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: 'cd e:\; svn update e:\' fails

From: Malcolm Rowe <malcolm-svn-dev_at_farside.org.uk>
Date: 2006-05-24 13:39:01 CEST

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 09:37:35PM -0700, Blair Zajac wrote:
> C:\Documents and Settings\Blair Zajac>svn update e:\
> At revision 814.
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Blair Zajac>e:
>
> E:\>svn update e:\
> svn: Working copy 'E:' locked
> svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for details)
>
>
> Removing the e:\ from the last update has update work.
>

I started to look at this, but the basic problem is that we don't
understand X:\ as an absolute path at all - we canonicalise it to X:,
which means something else entirely.

This particular manifestation of the problem is in
libsvn_wc/lock.c:svn_wc_adm_open_anchor(), where we open the parent of
the target (if one exists) and the target itself. In this case, the
parent of "X:" is "", so we try to lock "X:" (which succeeds) and then ""
(which is the same thing, and so fails).

While there's some work to do in libsvn_wc to handle this case, we
need to educate our path routines that X:\ is an absolute path first,
and that seems non-trivial.

Regards,
Malcolm

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Wed May 24 13:41:24 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.