last week I send a email to this list presenting a Buildbot setup.
Based on the reactions and my own todo-list I made some enhancements to the
setup, and this is the current status:
- Buildbot is available here: http://www.mobsol.be/buildbot/ (uses apache
- The buildmaster receives mails from the svn commit list, and parses thoses
mails to get the changes in the repository.
- Two buildslaves are now up and running: FC1/Intel and a Mac OS X/Intel.
While their configuration has not been completed, most issues have been
- The build process is now standardized in 5 steps (update, build, check,
publish log and clean). For each of the steps buildslave scripts are
- Detailed log files (tests.log) can be FTP'ed from the buildslave to the
- The buildmaster can send emails indicating succes or failure of the build.
I've rewritten some of the Buildbot mail code to support the use of a
template for the mailsubject and body. An email will be send after each
individual build. That code is complete now, but needs some cleaning up.
- I had some problems with updating an existing working copy, but that issue
has been solved in svn r19040.
- Some private data has been extracted from the buildmaster configuration
file so I could publish that file (master.cfg).
I've put all the information online in my svn repository for your
information and possible reuse:
- Customized version of buildbot (only needed for the buildmaster), based on
(I'll send these patches to the buildbot project, but need to cleanup first)
- The buildmaster configuration + code to parse commit emails:
- My buildslaves configuration:
If you want to setup a buildslave, here are my notes concerning
installation, configuration and integration with the buildmaster (+'buildbot
If you have any questions, please let me know.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com
For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Received on Sun Mar 26 23:00:35 2006