[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Problem in 1.3.0 RC-6

From: Paul Burba <paulb_at_softlanding.com>
Date: 2005-12-16 18:46:42 CET

Mark Phippard/SoftLanding Systems wrote on 12/16/2005 11:59:58 AM:

> I have encountered a problem in 1.3.0 RC-6. I will explain the
> problem and let you all decide how serious it is. I do not think it
> will pose any problems for the command line, but it may very well
> pose problems for bindings and other clients.
>
> The problem is in the svn status -u output via DAV.
>
> I initially suspected the problem was caused by the change in r17589
> which was backported to 1.3.0 in r17593, because that was a fix for
> a similar problem. My colleague Paul Burba confirmed the problem in
> debug of RC-6 and the command line. However, he has also rebuilt
> RC-4 and confirmed that it has the same problem. So whatever the
> cause of the problem, it appears it has existed in 1.3.0 all along.
>
> Anyway, the problem is that the URL that represents the item in the
> repository and is passed back in the status structure is
> "corrupted". Occasionally it has the right value, most often it has
> an empty string but sometimes it has a partial string or even a
> valid URL of a different item.
>
> This causes problems in Subclipse via the JavaHL bindings. I did
> not spot this before because we only reference the URL when you want
> to do a compare and I did not test that. The change in r17589 was
> fixing a problem where the lastChangedRevision was not correct.
> That is more visible in the UI in Subclipse so I based my testing off
that.
>
> Like I said, I do not think the URL is used by the CLI but it is
> there in the structure so might effect other apps that use it.
>
> Paul Burba is building 1.2.x so that he can see if it had this
> problem or not. I will let him post what he discovers.

...and as I did this I realized that 1.2.x predates the existence of url
in svn_wc_status2_t. Which I should have known this since I worked on the
original patch, just that back then it had an "ood_" prefix. Anyway, I'm
looking at this now.

Paul B.

_____________________________________________________________________________
Scanned for SoftLanding Systems, Inc. and SoftLanding Europe Plc by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.
_____________________________________________________________________________

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Fri Dec 16 18:47:49 2005

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.