[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Win32 test failures

From: <kfogel_at_collab.net>
Date: 2005-07-05 21:15:25 CEST

"D.J. Heap" <dj@shadyvale.net> writes:
> [snip]
> > I think diffs have been created like this on Windows as long as I
> > can remember -- I guess I just assumed that for patches to be as
> > cross platform as possible, the line endings had to be LF. Would
> > patch handle a CRLF hunk from a Windows box sent to a Linux box
> > (without any newline translation) on a eol-style native file
> > correctly? Is that an important use case?
> > It would be nice to fix the header inconsistency for sure, though.
> > I think that inconsistency causes some versions of patch to croak.
> >
> [snip]
> > I think the blame test failure is related to it's use of file_append
> > which opens the file in text mode...I'm not sure, though, and I'm
> > out of time at the moment. I'll have to look at it next week if
> > needed.
> The blame test turned out to be the path separators in the xml template.
> All tests should now be working again on Win32 after the tweaks in r15261.


> I didn't address or look closely at how to fix the diff format
> although I did test patch and if I do not fix the line endings then
> patch asserts and croaks.

So this is a real problem, okay. I've filed


and if you can follow up there with information about which patch
program you used, that would be great.


To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Tue Jul 5 22:05:10 2005

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.