[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: svn commit: r13838 - branches/1.1.x

From: Ben Reser <ben_at_reser.org>
Date: 2005-04-01 23:30:52 CEST

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 02:24:15PM -0600, jerenkrantz@tigris.org wrote:
> # USAGE: ./dist.sh -v VERSION -r REVISION [-rs REVISION-SVN] [-pr REPOS-PATH]
> -# [-apr PATH-TO-APR ] [-apru PATH-TO-APR-UTIL]
> -# [-apri PATH-TO-APR-ICONV] [-neon PATH-TO-NEON]
> -# [-zip] [-alpha ALPHA_NUM|-beta BETA_NUM|-rc RC_NUM]
> +# [-apr APR-PATH] [-apu APR-UTIL-PATH]
> +# [-api APR-ICONV-PATH] [-neon NEON-PATH]
> +# [-apr-tag APR-TAG] [-apu-tag APR-UTIL-TAG]
> +# [-api-tag APR-ICONV-TAG] [-neon-tag NEON-TAG]
> +# [-zip] [-sign] [-fetch]
> +# [-alpha ALPHA_NUM|-beta BETA_NUM|-rc RC_NUM]

The option names -apri and -apru were discussed at length when I added
them. Karl felt that -api was ambiguous and shouldn't be used. Please
change this back.

> -echo "Copying $APR_PATH into sandbox, making extraclean..."
> -cp -r "$APR_PATH" "$DISTPATH/apr"
> -(cd "$DISTPATH/apr" && [ -f Makefile ] && make extraclean)
> -echo "Removing all CVS/ and .cvsignore files from apr..."
> -find "$DISTPATH/apr" -name CVS -type d -print | xargs rm -fr
> -find "$DISTPATH/apr" -name .cvsignore -print | xargs rm -f
> -
> -echo "Copying $APRU_PATH into sandbox, making extraclean..."
> -cp -r "$APRU_PATH" "$DISTPATH/apr-util"
> -(cd "$DISTPATH/apr-util" && [ -f Makefile ] && make extraclean)
> -echo "Removing all CVS/ and .cvsignore files from apr-util..."
> -find "$DISTPATH/apr-util" -name CVS -type d -print | xargs rm -fr
> -find "$DISTPATH/apr-util" -name .cvsignore -print | xargs rm -f

I really think we should leave the cleanup code here just for paranoia
purposes. Your change completely wipes it out.

> +install_dependency()
> +{
> + DEP_NAME=$1
> + DEP_TAG=$2
> + if [ -z $3 ]; then
> + DEP_PATH=/dev/null
> + else
> + DEP_PATH=$3
> + fi
> + if [ -d $DEP_PATH ]; then
> + if [ -d $DEP_PATH/.svn ]; then
> + echo "Exporting local $DEP_NAME into sandbox"
> + ${SVN:-svn} export -q $EXTRA_EXPORT_OPTIONS "$DEP_PATH" "$DISTPATH/$DEP_NAME"
> + else
> + echo "Copying local $DEP_NAME into sandbox"
> + cp -r "$DEP_PATH" "$DISTPATH/$DEP_NAME"
> + (cd "$DISTPATH/$DEP_NAME" && [ -f Makefile ] && make extraclean)
> + echo "Removing all CVS/ and .cvsignore files from $DEP_NAME..."
> + find "$DISTPATH/$DEP_NAME" -name CVS -type d -print | xargs rm -fr
> + find "$DISTPATH/$DEP_NAME" -name .cvsignore -print | xargs rm -f
> + fi
> + else
> + echo "Exporting $DEP_NAME into sandbox ($DEP_TAG)"
> + ${SVN:-svn} export -q $EXTRA_EXPORT_OPTIONS $DEP_TAG "$DISTPATH/$DEP_NAME"
> + fi
> +}
> +
> +install_dependency apr http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/tags/${APR_TAG} "$APR_PATH"
> +install_dependency apr-util http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr-util/tags/${APU_TAG} "$APU_PATH"

I reiterate the veto I made to introducing code to use svn export to
fetch dependencies in the past. The dependencies must be verified as
valid releases. I don't see anyway to do that with export. Tarballs
have PGP/GPG signatures that can be validated. I leave it up to the
individual projects to be sure that however they got their code they put
in their tarball is valid. If they want to trust their repo that's up
to them. But I really think we should only be using released tarballs
for dependencies.

> if [ -n "$ZIP" ]; then
> - echo "Copying $APRI_PATH into sandbox, making extraclean..."
> - cp -r "$APRI_PATH" "$DISTPATH/apr-iconv"
> - (cd "$DISTPATH/apr-iconv" && [ -f Makefile ] && make extraclean)
> - echo "Removing all CVS/ and .cvsignore files from apr-iconv..."
> - find "$DISTPATH/apr-iconv" -name CVS -type d -print | xargs rm -fr
> - find "$DISTPATH/apr-iconv" -name .cvsignore -print | xargs rm -f
> + install_dependency apr-iconv http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr-iconv/tags/${API_TAG} "$API_PATH"
> fi
>
> -echo "Coping neon into sandbox, making clean..."
> -cp -r "$NEON_PATH" "$DISTPATH/neon"
> -(cd "$DISTPATH/neon" && [ -f Makefile ] && make distclean)
> -echo "Cleaning *.o in neon..."
> -find "$DISTPATH/neon/src" -name '*.o' -print | xargs rm -f
> +install_dependency neon http://svn.webdav.org/repos/projects/neon/tags/${NEON_TAG} "$NEON_PATH"

Again more cleanup code ripped out.

-- 
Ben Reser <ben@reser.org>
http://ben.reser.org
"Conscience is the inner voice which warns us somebody may be looking."
- H.L. Mencken
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Fri Apr 1 23:41:23 2005

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.