[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Problems with accents in filenames

From: Stefan Langerman <fink_at_slef.org>
Date: 2003-11-16 21:21:39 CET

I just started using svn. I started by committing my entire
homedir in a svn repository using svn, version 0.32.1 (r7497)
on linux Debian (sid) without any problems.
Then I tried checking out from my mac, using svn, version 0.33.0 (r7737)
from the fink distribution, package svn-ssl-0.33.0-12 on Mac OS 10.3
It suddently got stuck, saying:

svn: No such file or directory
svn: failure during string recoding

'svn status' showed me the directory where it stopped the checkout.
In my original tree, there was a file with an accented character.
I renamed the file, 'svn up' on the mac, and the problem was gone.

I have not tested further. I have not found any other reports about
this problem. This seems to be more a bug than a feature.

I'm not subscribed to this list so I don't expect (or need) an answer,
but I'll be happy to give you more details if one of you need it for
submitting a bug report or fixing the bug. Please contact me directly.


To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Mon Nov 17 01:12:01 2003

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.