[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: bug? "Delta source ended unexpectedly"

From: Martin Pool <mbp_at_samba.org>
Date: 2002-12-19 00:00:26 CET

On 18 Dec 2002, Ben Collins-Sussman <sussman@collab.net> wrote:

> 1. the immediate solution is to just cd into .svn/wcprops in the
> offending directory, and delete everything. The caches will be
> rebuilt as necessary.

Perhaps there should be a "svn cleanup --flush-cache"?

Of course this bug ought to be fixed properly, but it's possible there
will be others related to incorrect caches in the future. Having an
official way to clean all client side caches might give people a way
to get up and running again, and knowing that flushing the caches
fixed it might make the bug report more useful. (Of course, it would
also destroy possible interesting information about the bug... hm.)

Just an idea.

> 2. If you're really paranoid, you can simply checkout a whole new
> working copy with today's latest svn client. (I did that a few
> weeks ago, and I've not had any problems updating anything.)
>
> 3. Karl is working on getting checksums moving back and forth between
> client and server, so that if this happens again, you'll get a big
> fat checksum error, rather than a working file with weird data.

Suppose I had made a lot of changes in that wc, and I was updating
preparatory to committing. After this bug occurs, I have a dead wc
containing all my work. Even if the files weren't corrupted, being
stuck in this state is very bad. I suppose the only way to recover is
to diff and merge by hand into a fresh checkout.

-- 
Martin 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Thu Dec 19 00:01:20 2002

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.