[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Corrupted update

From: Blair Zajac <blair_at_orcaware.com>
Date: 2002-09-03 20:39:30 CEST

Karl Fogel wrote:
> Blair Zajac <blair@orcaware.com> writes:
> > There was a Norton AntiVirus Enterprise scan going at the same time as
> > the upgrade, no telling if that had an effect.
> >
> > It looks like the repo was around 3095. I had another checked out svn
> > tree and tried the same upgrade, but that one worked, so it looks like
> > it was specific to this tree.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I didn't have a copy of the tree before the upgrade.
> >
> > The tree has just been upgraded over time, so coming up with a recipe
> > may be hard.
> Urk. Umm, okay, thanks anyway.
> What does 'svn st' say?


> Is the file's text base is corrupted in the
> same way, or is it just the working file?

They both have the identical md5sum.

> And if you run md5sum on
> the text base, does the result match the checksum given in the
> .svn/entries file?

I assume that the checksum in the .svn/entries is base64? I wrote
a little Perl script to give me the base64 md5sum of the file and
here's what I get:

Base 64 Md5sum
1B2M2Y8AsgTpgAmY7PhCfg commit_util.c
1B2M2Y8AsgTpgAmY7PhCfg .svn/text-base/commit_util.c.svn-base
EnE4v981FTIU+ImyWK0/GQ .svn/entries checksum for commut_util.c

Here are the entries from my Linux box and from the Windows box.
The checksum's differ:




Blair Zajac <blair@orcaware.com>
Web and OS performance plots - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Tue Sep 3 20:40:14 2002

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.