[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Problem building with --with-berkeley-db

From: Jon Trowbridge <jon_at_trowbridge.org>
Date: 2002-08-08 22:22:45 CEST

I'm in the middle of trying to build a subversion server, and I came
across something odd.

I'm building the whole ball of wax into its own prefix. I've installed
all of the other pieces (apr, apr-util, neon, db, httpd), and now I'm
working on subversion.

After bootstrapping from the alpha tarball and grabbing the latest
version, I ran buildconf and then tried to run:

% ./configure --prefix=PREFIX --with-apr=PREFIX --with-apr-util=PREFIX
--with-neon=PREFIX etc. etc.

so that the build would use the components that I'd already installed.
This worked fine, except for Berkeley DB. Despite passing in
--with-berkeley-db=PREFIX, configure would fail with:

  checking for Berkeley DB in PREFIX... no
  configure: error: Could not find Berkeley DB 4.0.14.

Since Berkeley 4.0.14 is definitely installed in PREFIX, I can only
imagine that there is some problem with the macros in
svn/ac-helpers/berkeley-db.m4. Someone less autoconf-averse than me
might want to take a look.

Of course, the work-around is easy: I'll just drop a copy of db into my
svn directory and build that way.


To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Thu Aug 8 22:29:01 2002

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.